Monday, September 28, 2015

Change Is In The Air

Is it really almost October? How did time pass so swiftly? Much has changed since I last wrote at the beginning of summer. I am now working full-time as a counselor at a drug residential treatment house for women who are pregnant or with small children. I was only intending to apply for my practicum and work 20 hours per week. However, I interviewed and they offered me a full-time job, paid and with benefits. Furthermore, this treatment facility was my number one choice and I love working there!

However, I am also a full-time student. Never in my wildest dreams did I think I would be THAT person who was able to work full-time and be a full-time student. I didn't think I could handle the stress and I'm still not sure I can manage. Classes began last week and I'm hoping I can withstand the stress and pressure.

I did crack a bit last week on the first day of school. I had a four-hour detox clinic shift to finish up my practicum, four hours at my job, and a four hour long class. I haven't purged in a couple months but I ended up purging lunch in between the detox shift and work. I regretted it instantly and knew it was how I chose to cope with stress.

I've also had thoughts of restricting...however, I have to eat a lot of gluten for my upcoming endoscopy and colonoscopy that is scheduled in two weeks. Carbs are a trigger for me so having to eat a lot of wheat has been difficult. I find myself looking forward to the three day prep where I am instructed to stick to a liquid diet. My eating disorder is happy to have the excuse.

Another big change possibly coming our way is a new job for Ryan. He has already had an interview and now the company is flying him down to Portland for a panel interview this Friday. If he gets this job, he will be getting out of the field. Instead of a foreman/assistant superintendent he will be more like a project manager for a bank. I'm trying not to get my hopes up but it would great if he got this job. He would be working IN TOWN, better pay, better benefits, and did I mention he would get to come home every night?

So there's a boring update on my life. Nothing too interesting. I will update more when I can though. I miss writing.

1 comment: