Wednesday, January 29, 2014

That Always Awkward First Post

There's been times the past few weeks where I ponder on various subjects and wish I kept a diary or something to write them down. I suppose I do have a diary collecting dust somewhere, but I dislike my handwriting and become overly perfectionistic to the point it becomes more dissatisfying than satisfying. 

I also have a blog and even a youtube channel with over 3,000 followers (it still blows my mind that so many people find what I have to say interesting enough to watch me ramble for ten minutes at a time). However, it's under a fake name and centers around my personal struggle with Anorexia. I want...I NEED to move away from the eating disorder world. I fear it's only holding me back from a full recovery, if that even exists. So although my posts may be eating disorder related, I don't want it to be expected or focused on...

Who knows how often I'll write my innermost thoughts on here, or if anyone ever reads them. At least I will know this place exists.

1 comment:

  1. So great to see your new blog. I had read your old one intermittently, but I like the focus of the new one. I agree sometimes you need to just create a new identity to break ties with your former self. I look forward to reading whatever you post about (eating disorder related or otherwise!). I also started a new non-ed related blog when I became a mom and it has been so liberating talking about something other than the disorder. Dana (WickedXena) from Youtube www.withababyintow.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete